Employee surveys are not perceived positively by most employees, as they frequently hold the belief that the results will be ignored and that there will be consequences if it’s felt that one has made complaints or criticisms. Therefore, employees do not always take the questions posed seriously. However, if the responses are assimilated prudently and an impartial analysis is done, such surveys can still be of great use.
Here are a few points to remember while writing a persuasive email to encourage participation in an employee survey:
● State the significance of the survey, with points on how it will benefit the organization as well as individual employees.
● Emphasize that answers will be kept confidential and will not be used in any way that may affect individuals’ employment.
● Provide another final persuasive and reassuring statement to motivate employees to participate.
● Mention when the collated results of the survey will be available.
● Thank the employees in advance for filling out the survey.
Subject: Invitation to our employee survey
Dear [employee name],
We have all had a variety of experiences during our tenures at [company name]. Here’s your chance to tell us everything that’s in your mind regarding the organization!
Through this email, I would like to invite you to fill out the attached employee survey. Rest assured that your responses will be kept confidential. You may even choose to leave your name blank if you
We want to incorporate certain changes throughout [company name] so that every aspect of your employment here meets and exceeds your expectations in all possible ways. Although we have changed many things here already in recent times, we feel that there is always some room for improvement. And hence, this survey!
We want to hear your opinions on our benefits, work rules, management style, products, and marketing efforts. Individual forms and responses will not be made available to those at managerial
level, only aggregate results will.
Please fill out the form, at the end of which you’ll find a separate identification ticket. Please record the number and you will receive a reward when you submit it on the ‘lottery page’ of the company’s Intranet.
Do let me know if you have any questions.
In the meantime, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your participation.