Separation of an employee from the organization is the last stage in the employee lifecycle. Once an employee tenders his/her resignation, the organization should provide him/her with a release/relief an email to document proof of the end of the employee’s relationship with the company. The email, while discharging the employee of his/her role, also ensures proper closure of the process. A positive release/relief email can also serve as a means of continuing the relationship, even after the end of his/her tenure in the company.
This email should essentially contain the following:
● State the designation of the individual from which he/she is being relieved.
● Thank the individual for his/her contribution to the organization.
● Mention the conduct of the individual.
● Mention the length of service of the individual in the company.
● State any significant contribution he/she has made during his/her tenure.
● Mention the next steps to be followed by both the employee and the company to ensure a smooth closure.
● Mention the notice period to be served as per the company’s policy.
Subject: Release email
Dear [employee name],
I hope you are doing well!
This email is with reference to your letter of resignation, dated [resignation date]. I wish to inform you that your resignation has been accepted and you shall be relieved from the role of [designation] with effect from [date], after serving your notice period of [time] as per company policy.
It was a pleasure having you as part of our company and working with you for the period of [number] years. I hope you too enjoyed your time here.
During the period of your employment with [company name], your conduct was found to be very good, in line with the company’s expectations. Your performance, too, was found to be above average, which we sincerely appreciate.
Kindly return any company property, such as mobile phone, laptop, etc. that was provided to you by [date]. Once you submit all such company property, your full and final settlement will be initiated. If you have any questions regarding this settlement, please contact the payroll department.
We wish you the best of luck for all your future endeavors.